If you are SOLIDWORKS user, most likely you know about SOLIDWORKS macros. SOLIDWORKS macros are great automation tools which enable running the code utilising SOLIDWORKS API.
If you are not a developer you can still successfully use macros in your day-to-day job as there are thousands of them available in the internet.
Video below is a comprehensive beginner friendly guide to SOLIDWORKS macros. It covers the following topics:
Table Of Content
- Macro Toolbar and Menu
- Recording Macro
- Macro entry point
- Running macro
- VBA Editor
- Toolbar commands
- Debugging macro
- Adding VBA macro from library
- Creating macro from scratch
- Adding macro buttons
- Overview of SWBasic Macro (swb)
- Benefits and limitations compared to VBA (swp) macro
- Overview of VSTA Macro (C# and VB.NET)
- Overview of the Visual Studio for Application IDE
- Creating VSTA macro from scratch
- Copying the code from internet
- Overview of VSTA3 Macro (C# and VB.NET)
- Differences between VSTA3 and VSTA macros
For more information and additional resources visit the SOLIDWORKS Macro web-site.